Computation+Superstition of Fang-Yu Frank Lin
Born in Taiwan, Fang-Yu Lin is a San Francisco-based new media artist and user experience designer whose artwork reflects the interplay of human experience, culture and technology. Focusing on Internet art and interactive installation, his works have been featured in many venues, such as Whitney Artport, Tate Online, Walker Art Center, Prix Ars Electronica, FILE São Paulo, Seoul New Media Festival, Les Rencontres Internationales, and Bauhaus Dessau. His design clients include Hilton Worldwide, Estée Lauder, Bank of America, Johnson & Johnson, Subara, and more. Fang also co-authored Switch Craft: Battery-Powered Crafts to Make and Sew, a wearable technology DIY book with Alison Lewis. He holds a MFA in Design & Technology and a MS in Information.
» To obtain Fang's resume, portfolio, and/or artist CV, please send your requests to Fang AT Compustition DOT com.
I am in the (very slow) process of migrating my website from Flash to a blog platform. In the meantime, you may still access my old site and other online presences using the following links. Thank you for your patience.
- Original COMPUSTITION, Flash version (out of date)
- Original COMPUSTITION, text-only version (out of date)
- LinkedIn page
- Twitter page
- Drive-by Tweeting (under development)
- Last Update: The Excavation and Reconstruction of Abandoned Social Network Profiles (under development)
- Instructions for Peace Booklet: An A to Z Guide (download iPad app)
- Political Science 101: A Crash Course in Civil Discourse on Political Blogs
- From the Great Beyond: Internet as an Entity? Channeling the Net Through a Robotic Typewriter
- The Battle of Algiers on Whitney website | Tate website
- Switch Craft: Battery-Powered Crafts to Make and Sew, published by Potter Craft (Crown Publishing Group/Random House)
- Switch Craft table of content and additional reader info
Blog (as an occassional contributor)
- I Heart Switch, a technology life & style blog by Alison Lewis